- Unable to upload certain files using Import Content Tool
- The desired file extension option is not available for import via Import Content Tool.
- Admin receives "The file ("filename.extension") uses an unsupported file type" when trying to import content.
- 'ACCEPTED_FILE_TYPES' is undefined on F12 Developer Tool Console
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Learning Administration
- Go to Content > Import Content
- Select Add New Content > Next
- Notice the bolded text states what file types are allowed
- Clicking on Browse does not show the file that needs to be imported
The desired file extension is not configured in supportedFileExtensions configuration for the Content Import tool.
- Proceed to System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > Edit CONTENT IMPORT property file
- Search for supportedFileExtensions > add the desired file extension (e.g. *.mp4) separated by a semicolon;
- Example of this would be: "supportedFileExtensions=*.zip;*.pdf;*.doc;*.docx;*.rtf;*.html;*.htm;*.xls;*.xlsx;*.ppt;*.pptx" and we want to add mp4
- It would look like this: "supportedFileExtensions=*.zip;*.pdf;*.doc;*.docx;*.rtf;*.html;*.htm;*.xls;*.xlsx;*.ppt;*.pptx;*.mp4"
- Please make sure that the file extensions are separated by semicolons, otherwise the application will not be able to read it. There should be no spaces between each file type. Remove or do not add ";" or "*" or ";*" at the end.
SF, Success Factors, LMS, Learning, supportedFileExtensions, upload, format, file extension, content import, configuration, file, type, edit, tool, mp4, .mp4, .wmv, .jpg. image, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To