- Customer would like to know exact functionality of OnStartDate Job and how the UserID is updated in Onboarding.
- OnStartDate job is not updating the records
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - All Versions
For Live Customer(s), Implementation Partner(s), and Consultant(s)
The job OnStartDateStatusChange or commonly known as OnStartDate (OSD) is a feature used by customers without Employee Central to sync user in BizX to Onboarding. Also, it changes the hired flag status of candidate in Recruiting. See more information below.
What is the purpose of OnStartDateStatusChange?
- This job is used by customers without Employee Central enabled in their SAP SuccessFactors HCM Instance
- It syncs the user's account in BizX to Onboarding to have a seamless login experience (converts Onboarding Employee Login to be identical with UsderID in SAP SuccessFactors UDF
- It updates SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting and move candidate's status from hireable to hired
How does OnStartDateStatusChange Job Works?
- Step 1: Data Selection
All the users with either one of the below conditions fulfilled are picked up.
Who were created within X number of days from today (For example, Today’s date - Creation date < X days.
Whose hire-date is in the future and last modified is within X days from today. (this is done to accommodate rehire scenario) i.e,
HireDate >=Today’s date and Today’s date - lastModifiedDate<X days.
X day value is fetched from Hook Date range specified in the OnStartDateStatusChange job in provisioning.
- Step 2:
I. Picks each user from this list and checks if the userid is present in any of the CandidateInfoObjects’ userid field.
II. If yes, then the job skips the current user and moves on to next user in the list. Else, goes to
step 3 for the current user.
- Step 3:
I. Each user is picked up and his first name, last name and date of birth (if present) along with his userid are sent to KMS.
II. A search happens based on the values passed and a record is fetched.
III. KMS updates his ‘Employeelogin’ key with this new userid from bizx and after updating, sends the KMSUserid back to bizx.
- Step 4:
Now using this KMSUserid (also know as ONBOARDING_ID or HRDataID), we check across all the CandidateInfoObjects and get the object which matches with it and update that object with the userid.
- Step 5: Hired Status (RCM Specific)
In this step and at the same time where EmployeeLogin in Onboarding is updated with new userId, the application updates requisition and move the candidate from Hireable to Hired state
- This step is executed only in instances with RCM;
- This job will not be effective in case that you have the pre-day1 option Use the same user id for pre-day1 user and the employee.
In order to configure this Job,please refer implementation guide for more details.
Terminologies use in this KBA
- Creation date - The date when employee is created in SAP SuccessFactors HCM (BizX)
- Today's date - The date when OnStartDateStatusChange is run
- X - The number set in hook days of OnStartDateStatusChange
- Last Modify Date - The date when employee account in SAP SuccessFactors HCM (BizX) is modified
- OCI - OnboardingCandidateInfo is an object under Manage Data
OnStartDate job, OnStartDate Job Concepts, Onboarding, Userid generation , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-INT , Integrations with Onboarding , How To