- Failed to connect to system when using a reverse proxy to create live data connection to aremote HANA system in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Google Chrome Developer Tools shows:
The server refused to fulfill the request
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Connect to SAP Analytics Cloud,
- Create a "Live Data Connection" > "SAP HANA"
- Choose "Path" as "Connection Type", and fill in the path of HANA system configured at httpd.conf file of Apache reverse proxy, and other required information
- Click OK
- You get the error "Failed to connect to system"
HANA restricts usage to particular origin hosts to make it more secure. The URL of the Apache reverse proxy server is not included in the list defined in the "allowOrigin" section under "cors" in the Application Access (.xsaccess) File of the target remote HANA system.
- Go to targeted remote HANA system's IDE Editor
- Log on
- Expand sap > bc > ina >service > v2
- Click .xsaccess
- Locate "allowOrigin" section under "cors" and add the URL of Apache reverse proxy server.
*Note: If you test the dispatcher rules for the remote HANA system by opening the following URL: https://<Apache Web Host>/<PATH>/sap/bc/ina/service/v2/GetServerInfo, it successfully returns the JSON response.
- Application-Access File Keyword Options in the SAP HANA Developer Quick Start Guide
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SERVER_ERROR_500, SAP Cloud for Planning, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, bobj, BW, ERP, UNX, SAP Analytics Cloud , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem