When you try to add a Time Recording Profile to an Employee, the time recording profiles you created are not displayed in the drop down list, even if there are some active profiles in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Time Administration work center
- Select Employees view
- Edit an Employee and go to Time Profile tab
- Click on the drop down list of Time Recording Profile.
The result list displays 'No items found.'.
You expect that a time recording profile is displayed since it is maintained and active in the current day.
The cause for the issue is that the start date of the employee is prior to the 'Valid from' date of the time recording profile. Although there are some active time recording profiles in the system, they are not shown in the drop down list if their validity doesn't begin before the employee start date.
This is the expected system behavior.
To edit the validity of the time recording profile, you can use the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center;
- Go to the Implementation Projects view;
- Select your current project;
- Click on Open Activity List;
- Open the activity Time Types ABC (ABC represents the country of the employee) in the Fine-Tune tab;
- Click on Maintain Time Recording Profile;
- Select the time recording profile you want to use and edit the "Valid from" field to a date prior to the employee start date and save.
The time recording profile now appears in the result list of your time profile.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To