You are creating a dashboard in HTML5 and would like to include a report view which has the chart type Heat Map. However, your view is displayed as a table in the dashboard, not as a heat map. It is not possible to change this in the dashboard preview either.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Analysis work center, view Dashboards.
- Click on Add New Dashboard.
- In step 2, add a report view which was saved as a heat map.
- Go to step 6 - Preview. Here you see that the report is shown as a table.
- Click on Actions > Charts.
The Heat Map chart type is not listed. You cannot save the dashboard with a heat map view.
The Heat Map chart type is not supported for HTML5 dashboards and it cannot be saved with this view for all users.
Users can view this dashboard in RUI and then change the chart type to Heat Map. Please note that this will not change the dashboard, but is considered a session-based personalization (i.e. it is only valid for one user in one session).
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To