- I haven't received the welcome notification with my credentials;
- Newly created users aren't receiving the initial e-mail with their credentials;
- No credentials being delivered to newly created users;
- How do I get my credentials for SuccessFactors?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create new users in the system;
- Either manually via Manage Users (import a file or fill the fields manually), and;
- Via an recurring scheduled job as well.
- Users are created (they're already appearing in the system/UDF);
- Yet, the new users haven't received the welcome e-mail with their credentials.
There are some possible causes that could be leading to this outcome as stated below:
- The instance may be still using the deprecated "Welcome Message Notification" template in "Mail Notification Templates Settings";
- The Import Job may isn't configured to send the welcome message when it run;
- The specific user's registered e-mail address may be incorrect;
- The notification may ended up in your e-mail client spam box.
In advance: it's not possible to retrieve any notification for the already created users.
For these, you'll need to manually trigger the e-mail notification via Admin Center > Send User Welcome e-mail.
Being forward, prior to raise a new case, it's important to check for the following possibilities:
For possible cause #1:
- Go to Admin Center -> E-mail Notification Template Settings;
- Check if "Welcome Message Notification with Reset Password Support" is enabled;
- If it's not enabled, then enable it and save.
Do not use the "Welcome Message Notification" template. It's deprecated and won't trigger anymore.
For possible cause #2:
If the import is done though a scheduled recurring job, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Provisioning -> Manage Schedule Jobs;
- Look for the Employee Import that created the user;
- Open it's details and check if the checkbox Send Welcome Message to New Users is enabled;
- To send the notification, it needs to have this option checked.
If the import is done through Admin Center, follow the steps below when importing:
- From either Employee Import or Import Employee Data (EC) features, click on Options;
- On the Options section, check the option "Send Welcome Message" under general section.
- Don't forget to check this option every time when performing a manual import.
For possible cause #3:
Here, it's just necessary to double check if the user's e-mail address is correct in the instance.
For this, you may check it on Employee/People Profile or export the UDF file to check if the e-mail in there is correct.
For possible cause #4:
Please kindly check the account spam box carefully.
It's not that unusual to be the cause, and if we're able to figure out soon that this is the case, a lot of work and time can be saved.
BizX SuccessFactors, welcome e-mail, e-mail notification, credentials, credentials notification, employee import, send welcome message , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-NOT , Email Notifications , How To
|Welcome Message Notification.PNG|
|Manual Import Employee Data.PNG|
|Scheduled Import Employee Data.PNG|