You send an email from a ticket, but the mail received by the recipient is blank with no content in the email body.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service Workcenter
- Navigate to Tickets View
- Open a ticket ABC
- Go to Overview → Interactions and Compose New Email
- Type email content and send the email
- The email received by the recipient is blank
This might occur if you have a branding template maintained for the email channel XYZ and the template which you were using in this channel has been deleted.
Hence, before the email is sent out, the system merges the text with the template text and is blanking it out.
Please maintain a valid branding template for this email channel or remove the invalid one from the channel configuration.
This can be done using the following steps:
- Go to Administrator Workcenter
- Navigate to Service and Social view
- Go to Communication Channels → Email Addresses
- Select the email channel XYZ and click on Edit
- Go to Outbound Configuration → Template
- Maintain a valid branding template or remove the invalid one
- Click on Save and Close
Now, the emails will be sent correctly.
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To