When you create a Down Payment request from the Sales Order, you expect that the Payment Terms in the Sales Order are copied to the down payment request. However the payment terms in the down payment request are not copied from Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders workcenter and navigate to Sales Orders view.
- Select the Sales Order XYZ and Click on Create Down Payment. (XYZ is the Sales Order Document Id)
- Enter the External reference and the Amount and click on Ok.
- The Down Payment request ABC will be created. (ABC is the Down Payment Invoice Request Id)
- Go to Customer Invoicing Work Center and navigate to Invoice Requests View.
- Search for the Down Payment Invoice Request ABC and click on Edit.
- Check for the payment terms and you find that the payment terms in Down payment request ABC is not same as Sales Order XYZ.
The Payment terms used in Sales Order is not same as the payment terms which is maintained in the master data of the Account which is used in Sales Order. The Payment Terms in the Down Payment Request is always taken from the Account master data.
This is system standard behavior.
Note: System will consider only 'n days net' and 'Payable immediately' for the down payment requests.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To