You are able to save the partner contact which is not associated to the selected partner.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Select Opportunities view.
- Open any opportunity.
- Go to the Involved Parties facet.
- Add a new Partner.
- Click on the Name value help and select the partner ABC (ABC represents the partner ID).
- Click on the Partner Contact value help and select one of the displayed partner contacts.
- Click again on the Name value help and select the partner DEF.
- Click on Save.
This is the expected system behaviour.
Currently there is no check to see if the contact is linked with the related party. For example, it is also possible to attach a contact which is not part of the account in an opportunity. The same behaviour exists for partner and partner contact.
If a hard check is required, you can implement this via PDI.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To