You have a business scenario where you want business users to be restricted from creating customers directly in C4C, since you want only the prospect creation to take place in C4C and the customer records would be created within ERP.
To disable the change of a Prospect to a Customer in C4C, you can add Business Field Restrictions to the Business Roles you do not want to allow to make these changes.
In the below example, we will use the Business Role ABC. Please follow the following steps:
- Go To Administrator Workcenter -> General Settings -> Business Roles
- Select the Business Role ABC
- Click on Edit button and enter edit mode
- Navigate to Fields and Actions
- In the Business Field Restrictions, click on Add Row
- From the value help, add the rows 'CUST_PROSPECT_INDICATOR' and 'CUST_ROLE'
- Set the access restriction as 'Read Only'
- Save these changes
Logout and login to the system again. Now, you can observe that users assigned to this business role cannot create customers in C4C and only prospects can be created.
KBA , SRD-CRM-SEE , Service Entitlements , How To