The user is receiveing a warning message that he will be charged for cancelling his registration on a scheduled offering eventhough it is has no cancellation policy.
Successfactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- User registers to a Scheduled Offering that has no cancellation policy.
- User withdraws registration and receives a warning message saying that he will be charged.
When an Scheduled Offering has no cancellation policy applied, there is no way that users will be charged for withrawing their registration.
One common cause is that the label was incorrectly changed:
When a priced SO has cancellation policy (Admin > Learnning > (Open SO) > Related/More > Pricing), there are four kinds of warning the user may receive. Following are the corresponding label. (Label is the text being displayed in the system as configured in Admin > System Admin > Tools > Label Import/Export)
For SOs that require approval:
- warning.PWS.SelfUnenroll.Refund.Approved - message shown when canceling an SO that has no cancellation policy
- warning.PWS.SelfUnenroll.Refund.Approved.CancellationPolicy - message shown when canceling an SO that has cancellation policy
For SOs that do not require approval:
- warning.PWS.SelfUnenroll.Refund - message shown when canceling an SO that has no cancellation policy
- warning.PWS.SelfUnenroll.Refund.CancellationPolicy - message shown when canceling an SO that has cancellation policy
For some cases, the labels were being interchanged and therefore sedning an incorrect warning to the users: e.g. warning.PWS.SelfUnenroll.Refund is updated as "You will be charged".
The label value (text displayed) is just misleading but what happens in background is not affected. This means that, even if the warning says that they will be charged, the system will not charge the user.
In the same manner, even if the warning says that they will get a refund, the system will charge the user.
Hence, the label values must only be corrected.
Chargeback, Scheduled Offering, Register, Registration, Withdraw, Withdrawal, Cancellation Policy, Commerce, LMS, Item, Warning, Message, Label , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COM , Commerce , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem