You want to enable SAML SSO connection between SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication and SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication
1) Connect to the Administration Console of your SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider
1.1) Navigate to "Tenant Settings -> SAML 2.0 Configuration" and download the metadata file "metadata.xml"
2) Connect to your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant in a separate browser window as the System Owner.
2.1) Select Main Menu > System > Administration and click the Security tab.
2.2) Click the pencil symbol in the top right to Edit the settings.
2.3) Select SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) under Authentication Method
2.4) Click Download under "Step 1: Download Service Provider metadata" to download metadata.xml and then rename it to sacmetadata,xml
2.5) Click Upload... under "Step 2: Upload Identity Provider metadata" to upload "metadata.xml" from your SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider
2.6) Under Step 3: Choose a user attribute to map to your identity provider select "Custom SAML User Mapping"
3) Return to the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider and open "Applications".
3.1) Add a new application for SAP Analytics Cloud
3.2) Under this new application select "SAML 2.0 Configuration" on the "Trust" tab
3.3) Click "Upload" under "Define from Metadata" to upload the "sacmetadata.xml" file that you downloaded from SAP Analytics Cloud.
3,4) Change "Name ID Attribute" on the "Trust" tab to "Login Name"
3.5) Click "Save"
4) In the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider open "User Management"
4.1) Search for the user that you want to map to your existing SAP Analytics Cloud account and note the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Login Name
5) Return to the SAP Analytics Cloud tenant to verify that all settings are correct.
5.1) Under "Step 4: Verify your account with the identity provider" enter your SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Login Name into "Login Credential (Custom SAML User Mapping)*"
5.2) Click "Verify Account"
6) Copy the URL from the popup into a new browser session and logon to the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication to confirm that you get logged on with the SAML_VERIFY user.
7) Return to the SAP Analytics Cloud tenant "Security" settings page to confirm a message that your account has been verified.
7.1) Click "Save"
8) Return to the popup and click "Convert" to confirm.
- After several minutes your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant will be connected to the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider.
- The SAML user mapping for your user that carried out the conversion was already changed.
9) Return to the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Identity Provider and confirm you have created Users for all SAP Analytics Cloud Users
10) Return to the SAP Analytics Cloud tenant and select "Security > Users" from the "Main Menu"
10.1) In the column SAML User Mapping enter the corresponding Login Name from the SAP Cloud Platform Identity Authentication Cloud Identity Provider for all users.
10.2) Click "Save"
- Integration with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud (BOC)
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SCI, Hybris, S4HANA, S4/HANA, S/4 , SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, S/4, S4, IDP, Auth, identity, SSO, SAML , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , How To