When we add a new record to an existing position with a new matrix position, we get an application error.
Employee Central: Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Admin Centre -> Manage Data
- Search for the position
- Observe that the position does not have any matrix position associated
- Add a new record
- Observe that on this effective date, there is already a matrix position associated
- remove the existing matrix position and search and select the new matrix position
- Save. This throws an application error.
There is already a marix position associated, though this matrix position's effective date is later than the original position to which it is associated. This is causing problems during data validations (Save action).
- Open the position in Manage Data
- Take Action -> Make Correction
- Scroll to the bottom of the position and Save without making any change.
- Now add the new matrix position by adding new record (insert new record).
- Search and select the new matrix position.
- Save the record.
matrix_position effective date_issue null_object_returned , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem