Reports that use the data source Opportunity Header (technical ID CODOPPH) show an inconsistent behaviour in the field Party Role (Selection). When you add this field to the report view and filter for some opporunities, it shows particular party roles; however when you remove the filter (or change it), the party roles change for the same opportunities.
The expectation is that all roles are shown straight away; no selection on the party role should show them all.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Sources.
- Search for the data source Opportunity Header (ID CODOPPH) and click on Preview.
- In the selection, choose a particular Opportunity and click on Go.
- Add the field Party Role (Selection) from the Available Fields.
- A party role is displayed, e.g. Account.
- Go back to the selection and add (as one example) the variables Employee Responsible in the field Party Role (Selection).
- Click on Go again.
- Now the report shows the role Employee Responsible for the same opportunities.
This seems inconsistent. When no selection is done on the party role, all of them should be shown.
The two fields Party Role (Selection) and Party (Selection) are designed to be used in the selection only (not in the report view). The background is as follows:
The purpose of these fields is to see whether the selected party / party role exists in some opportunities. For example, you would like to find those opportunities which have the role 218 - Manager. In that case you enter it into Party Role (Selection), and if you know the exact party, you can also enter to Party(Selection). Now in the result it will show all the opportunities with the above restriction.
However in the scenario described previously, you are also displaying this field in the report view, to see which value the party role has. This will be different depending on what you have entered in the selection. As mentioned, this is the design of these fields (hence they were labelled "(Selection)").
You can make use of the data source Opportunity Involved Parties (technical ID CODOPPPTYB) if you would like to see the party roles in the report view.
The same behaviour happens in the standard data source Opportunity Competitor Product Header (technical ID CODOPPCOMPPH). Please use the data source Opportunity Involved Parties as an alternative.
CODOPPCOMPPH; CODOPPPTYB; party roles; report fields inconsistent; fields inconsistent; no selection , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To