You are creating a JEV (Journal Entry Voucher) with reference to sales document, however the wrong profit center is being derived from the sales unit in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entry Voucher view.
- Click New -> Journal Entry Voucher.
- Select journal entry type as 00088 and reference the relevant sales order in the credit/debit entries.
- Fill all the remaining required information.
- Simulate the journal entry and check the derived profit center.
You see that the profit center is not the expected one.
Additionally, if, for example, the profit center has been deactivated, you also find an error message upon simulation as follows: 'Profit center <profit center ID - name> determined for Journal Entry Voucher is not valid on <posting date>. Check the validity of profit center <profit center ID - name> in Organizational Management and your default profit centers in configuration'
The JEV considers the profit center that is in the financial accounting view of the sales document. In this case, the assigned profit center is not the expected one, although the sales unit has been updated in the sales order.
You may verify and change the profit center assignment to the sales order as follows:
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to Sales Documents Items view.
- Search for the concerned sales order.
In this view, you see the actual profit center assignment.
- Highlight the entry and click Reassign to change the profit center assignment.
After that, the re-assigned profit center is derived in the JEV.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To