- Bracket symbols ‘[‘ and ‘]’ (ASCII values in hex are '5B' and '5D') are entered locally on a PC. The values are stored in a DB2 system on a mainframe. The data is transferred to DB2 using MFC (MainframeConnect).
- The customer expects to see the bracket characters in DB2 on the Mainframe (The EBCIDIC hex code values are 'BA' and 'BB'). The expected values are not being displayed.
- For some reason these symbols are not being translated correctly from ASCII to EBCIDIC.
- DirectConnect 15.0.1
- Linux server
- MFC Connect DB2/UDB CICS Option to access IBM DB2 version 15 SP06
- MFC Connect Server CICS Option version 15 SP06
Sybase MainframeConnect 15.0
CSSID iso-1 CP819 CP037 CHARSETSRV , KBA , BC-SYB-MFC , Mainframe Connect (MFC) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.