- User getting an error when uploading via Admin Center > Import Extended User Information.
- User getting an error when scheduled Live Profile Import fails.
- Error message is: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column.
- SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SuccessFactors People Profile
The file has a text string that exceeds the database's max allowable size of 4000 bytes. For the English language, 4000 characters are allowed including formatting characters like space, tab, line break etc. For languages that support DBCS (double-byte character set), a character is equivalent to 2 bytes so less than 4000 characters are allowed. The languages that support DBCS include Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), and Korean.
See if the file has a cell that contains a text string that might exceed 4000 bytes. To check, you can use the Excel function LEN to count the number of characters and / or LENB to count the actual bytes.
See the Microsoft KBA for more information about LEN / LENB: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/LEN-LENB-functions-29236f94-cedc-429d-affd-b5e33d2c67cb
KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JOB , Scheduled jobs , Problem