The user receives a “Cannot locate corresponding object” error message when trying to delete records of a MDF Object via import.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Employee Files > Import and Export Data.
- Import a file using the Operator “Delete” to delete a record for one MDF Object (for example, a Position object).
- Check the results in Monitor Job > the records failed with error message “1. Cannot locate corresponding object.”
This error happens when the system is unable to locate the object you are trying to delete. For effective dated objects, the system tries to locate the object based on the object’s code and effectiveStartDate.
To be able to delete records of MDF objects via the import, please verify if the object you are trying to delete exists in the instance, which should have the same code (including leading zeros) and effectiveStartDate that you are filling in the Import File.
- Go to Admin Center > Employee Files > Manage Data.
- Select the object type in the first dropdown.
- Click “Advanced” > change “Including Inactives” to “Yes” > click “Ok”.
- Search for the object’s code in the second dropdown.
- If you are not able to find the object there, you either don’t have permissions for this object or the object does not exist in the instance.
- If you found the object, make sure that the code and effectiveStartDate are correct in the Import File.
Object in Manage Data:
- Try to import the file again.
Cannot locate corresponding object Import and Export Data MDF Data Delete object position , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-SCM-POS , Position Imports, Sync, Tiles etc. , Problem