- No Permission error when saving data via MDF portlet.
- No Permission error when creating data via Manage data.
- Can I set the externalCode to Not visible or ReadOnly for an MDF object?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
This issue can occur on two places, Manage Data and on MDF portlet in People Profile Page.
There can be different reasons why an user can receive the No Permission error on the MDF object
- externalCode has been set as "Read Only" or "Not Visible" on the Configure Object Definition
- The editable option for externalCode on the configured UI in Manage Configuration UI page has been disabled or the field has been made invisible (check for both the parent/associated object)
- Deleting the externalCode field while configuring the UI for the object (this can be for the parent/associated object)
- If the object is RBP secured, then the create/insert/correct permission has been disabled for the object. (Actual Permission Issue)
To investigate the No Permission error when creating/saving MDF data check for the following permissions on your object definition:
- Check for the permission on the externalCode of the object (either parent or the child) has been set as Read Only or Not Visible.
- Verify the UI configured for the MDF object has the externalCode field available and editable (for both the parent and the child object)
- Check for RBP permission on the object for the affected user.
Exception: ExternalCode field can be hidden for child object when it has Data type = AutoNumber
MDF - Metadata Framework, permission, mdf data, no permission error, custom MDF , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , Problem