What is it?
The rules engine is a tool that enables you to create customer-specific rules. For example, you can use a rule to specify “All requisitions that are created for full time employees in the Sales organization should include a potential calculated commission of 15% of the base salary” or “All offer approvals should have a set expiration date of 30 days after the creation date of the offer approval".
You can create rules for both job requisitions and job offers, which will then be executed by the system at runtime.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
NOTE: Product Support does not assist with Business Rules implementation and/or configuration. If you are looking to setup a Business Rule, please reach out your Partner or Implementation Team.
In Provisioning -> Company Instance -> Company Settings -> enable "Enable Generic Objects”
In Provisioning -> Company Instance -> Company Settings -> enable "Role Based Permission"
Admin Center -> Manager Recruiting Settings -> Business Rules -> enable "Enable Recruiting Business Rules"
Please contact Cloud Product Support team in order to have the Role Based Permission enabled in Provisioning providing the attached Approval Form filled and signed.
Enable Generic Objects can be done via Upgrade Center in Admin Center.
Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles -> Administrator Permissions -> Metadata Framework, select all.
Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles -> Administrator Permissions -> Manage MDF Recruiting Objects -> Recruiting Rules Assignment Configuration: select at least View and Edit permission.
Creating a Rule
- Login to BizX application as an admin user with the necessary permissions to see the link "Configure Business Rules". If you can’t see the Configure Business Rules link, it probably means that you don’t have the authorization. Click on the link "Configure Business Rules" . Below page will be displayed.
- Click the "Create New Rule" , A page will be displayed with options Basic, Intelligent Services Center and Position Management based on the features enabled in provisioning. RCM supports only Basic rule.
- Choose the radio button "Basic". Below screen will be displayed. Type in Rule Name, Rule ID, Start Date and choose the Base object either Job Requisition Template or Offer Approval template and click "Continue"
- Clicking "Continue" button will display the page as shown below. Add "If" and "then" condition based on requisition/offer approval fields. Save the rule. Rules can be created in different locale as well.
- If some correction is required for the rule, it can be edited by clicking the "Take Action" → "Make Correction"
- After creating the rule the next step is to link the created rule to the template.
From the Q1 2018 Release, the linking of the rule to a template can be done using Admin Center -> Manage Rules in Recruiting.
Previously, it was possible to assign rules directly in the XML templates. This is no longer supported and should not be used.
The Admin user can be permitted to access Manage Rules in Recruiting through RBP. The user should have View and Edit permissions.
RBP: Admin Center -> Manage Permission Roles -> [Permission Role] -> Permissions -> Permission settings -> Administrator Permissions -> Manage MDF Recruiting Objects -> Recruiting Rules Assignment Configuration.
The rule can be triggered under one of the following conditions:
- OnInitialization of Job Requisition/ Job offer approval
- onSave of a Job Requisition/Job offer approval
- onChange of a Job Requisition/Job Offer field.
- Once you have added the linked rule, go to either the Job Requisition or Offer Approval and verify that the values are set based on the rule condition and the relevant rule trigger.
Note: the Rule will not be triggered when the action is done via an integration that uses API calls
For additional information on using Manage Rules in Recruiting, please check the article 2618607
For more information about the rules engine in general, see these guides on SAP Help Portal at https://help.sap.com:
rules, engine, rcm, recruiting, manage rules
|Customer Approval of Custom Solution Form_Rules Engine.docx|