- Is there a option to disable the "View Script" button in the universe query panel ?
- SAP Lumira Deskop 1.31.x
- SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 SP01
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Click on File > New
- Select the "Universe Query Panel"
- Enter the BI user credentials and click connect
- Select a universe
- In the universe query panel click on the "View Script" button
- The option to disable the "View Script" button has not been implemented in Lumira Desktop 1.31.x or Lumira Discovery 2.0 SP01
- The option to disable the "View Script" feature in the universe query panel has been posted as an idea at SAP ideas place at the URL below:
Workaround for Lumira Desktop 1.31.x:
- Desktop Governance can be used to prevent users the right to edit, refresh or create reports which are based on universes.
- Users are able to view reports built on top of a universe but will not be able to edit the report thereby preventing access to the universe query panel and the "View Script" button
- To enable desktop governance follow KBA 2220965 - How to Configure Desktop Governance in Lumira Desktop and BI Platform and disable the "Data source rights - Universe" at step 3.5
Lumira Desktop Universe Universe Query Panel , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0