You see the error Message 'Mandatory List Price Missing. List Price Must be Maintained or a Price Must be Entered' within Sales Quotes or Sales Orders.
This KBA is relevant for Internal Pricing.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Open the Sales Quote or Sales Orders view.
- Open any quote or order ABC (ABC represents the Sales Quote or Sales Order ID).
- The error message 'Mandatory List Price Missing. List Price Must be Maintained or a Price Must be Entered.' is shown.
This is the expected system behaviour if any product within the sales document does not have a list price maintained. For example, if a Sales Quote was created from an opportunity where the product price was not maintained. Generally, once the Products are transferred over to the Sales Quote, the Product Price must be maintained. Up until 1902, all products within Sales Quotes or Sales Orders need to have a List Price maintained.
With the 1902 release, you will be able to remove the mandatory check for the List Price. This will stop the error message for all newly created objects.
To remove the mandatory check in systems with 1902 release or higher, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Search and open the Fine Tuning Activity: Configure Price Strategy.
- Click the Configure Pricing Procedure link.
- Remove the check for List Price.
- Save your changes.
Note: as with most features/ system changes, the error message 'Mandatory List Price missing' shall not occur for new orders/quotes created after removing the mandatory flag from the pricing strategy customization.
For the old orders and quotes, the error will still appear.
To correct this, users have to click “Update Pricing” from the Pricing Facet of the Sales Order or Sales Quote.
KBA: 2656117 - Pricing Facet Not Visible in Sales Quote or Order
SAP Cloud for Customer Administrator Guide: Internal Pricing
SAP Cloud for Customer User Stories: Working with Internal Pricing
Sales Quote, Sales Order, Price Error, Sales Quote Error, Mandatory List Price, Price Missing, Configure Price Strategy, Configure Price Strategy, Configure Pricing Procedure, Internal Pricing. , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To