- How to Schedule a HRIS Sync job?
- How to Schedule a Daily or Full Sync Job?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- How to create a HRIS Sync job
- Full or Daily HRIS Sync?
- Which Entities will be Synchronized?
- Performance Management and 360 Form Integration
- Compensation and Variable Pay Integration
- Job Schedule and Notifications
- Validate the HRIS Sync job is scheduled
The below describes how to set up the HRIS Sync job to run on a Daily basis (the delta). Various different configurations will be discussed later in this article. First we cover how to setup the job.
1) Navigate to Provisioning > Manage Scheduled Jobs
2) Click on the "Create New Job" link
3) Job Definition: You need to define the Job Type, Owner and Name. Fill in the following details:
- Job Name - Give it an easy to recognize name, such as "Daily HRIS Sync" or "Daily HRIS Sync Production", or "FULL HRIS Sync"
- Job Owner - The Job Owner must be a user with Role-Based Permissions (RBP) granted to the EC Source and EP Destination fields - and must have Target Population of "Everyone"
- Job Type - "HRIS Sync"
4) Job Parameters: Then you will need to choose whether the job will run in "Daily Sync"(Delta) or "Full Sync" mode. You do this by selecting one or the other option under "Modified Date Since" in Job Parameters -:
- Daily HRIS Sync Mode: Select the option "Last successful HRIS sync job run date (MM/dd/yyyy) : 07/31/2017" - Note that the date mentioned at the end, is the last date the Daily HRIS Sync was successfully executed. It will change every time you view the schedule
- Full HRIS Sync Mode: Select the option "Specify a date: (We strongly suggest the option be selected only for running job once!) (MM/dd/yyyy)" - Note that you need to manually enter the Effective Date to define the start of the period. For example, defining the date as 01/01/2000 would mean that the Full HRIS Sync job would look to identify the "current" record (as of today) between 01/01/2000 and "Today()" to identify the current data that should be synchronized. We recommend not setting this too far back in time, because depending on the depth of the data history maintained in the instance, will increase the time needed for the job to complete.
5) Select the entities required for sync: When creating the job initially, all of the entities will be automatically selected. It is recommended that you leave all of the entities selected. If you are planning to disable any of them, please first farmiliarize yourself with the following two articles, as disabling any entity could have other downstream impacts you might not be aware of.
- 2507190 - HRIS Sync: Downstream Impacts
- 2505747 - HRIS Sync - HRIS Sync Job - Order in which Elements are Synchronized
6) Automatic Manager Transfer: All options in this section are automatically enabled. This is to ensure that Performance and 360 Forms are automatically routed whenever the employees Manager hierarchy changes.
- Please refer to article 2080650 - How to enable Manager Transfer for Performance Manager forms - Employee Central - for more information
- Also article 2507190 - HRIS Sync: Downstream Impacts (as it covers more impacts)
7) Automatic Document Removal: These options are by default disabled. Please note that if enabled, when Terminating an employee in Employee Central, on the Termination Date, the employee would be made Inactive - this would also trigger the removal of Inactive Users forms.
8) Compensation specific options for HRIS sync job: These options are by default disabled. Please note that if enabled, whenever the job runs it will update Compensation and Variable Pay forms.
- Please refer to article 2507190 - HRIS Sync: Downstream Impacts
9) Sync job runtime options: By default, the "Publish user status changed to inactive event" is enabled.
- Publish user status changed to inactive event: Should remain enabled (never disable).
- Use the local time zone of the user to set the effective start date of the status update: Please refer to article 2308595 - HRIS Sync: Timezone Offset for Processing HRIS Sync - for more information
10) Job Occurrence & Notification: This section defines the frequency at which the job will run, as well as when the schedule will start from, and whether there will be any additional recipients of the Completed/Failed notification (other than the Job Owner)
- Occurrence: This will depend on whether you are configuring a Full or Daily HRIS Sync.
- Full HRIS Sync: Please select "Once" (do not run Full Sync on a schedule)
- Daily HRIS Sync: Please select "Recurring". It is always best to ensure that the Daily HRIS Sync job is the first job that runs in your instance on any given day. Please take the schedule into consideration when building Integrations (2080813 - HRIS Sync: Import & API upsert considerations - Employee Central)
- Start Date: The date from which the schedule will run from
- Additional E-mail Recipients: Enter additional E-mail addresses, separated by commas, for all the users who want to receive the notifications
- Send E-mail when job starts: Will send an additional notification when the job starts.
11) View Waiting Jobs: Navigate to Provisioning > Monitor Jobs > click the "View Waiting Jobs" link, and validate that the job is indeed scheduled (note that for Full HRIS Sync jobs, you will see the Schedule Type defined as "ONE_TIME") -:
HRIS Sync, Daily Sync, ec sync, Explained, Employee Central, Full Sync, scheduled jobs, Manage Scheduled Jobs, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , How To