You create an Expense Report for a Business Trip with a duration longer than 24 hours.
Nevertheless the system calculates the Expense Amount only for one day.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Go to the Expense Reports sub view.
- Show All Expense Reports and find Expense Report XYZ. (XYZ represents the Expense Report ID)
- Open Expense Report and navigate to the Dates and Locations on the General tab.
- You see that the Trip starts on day X and ends on the following day Y. (X and Y represent the dates)
- Navigate to Per Diems selection on the General tab.
- You can see that only the Meals tick box is selected.
- Navigate to the Review tab.
- Under the Reimbursements and Expense Summary the Meal Per Diems amount is not what you expected.
Since the Lodging selection box in the Per Diems area under the General tab is not marked the system cannot derive that the employee stayed overnight and hence summarizes the two days as only one-day business trip.
This applies to all overnight trips for which no hotel receipt is maintained.
- Navigate to the Expenses tab.
- Add a new row with Expense Type Hotel.
- Maintain 0,00 as the Expense Amount.
- Click save.
Once you have maintained a hotel receipt the system can derive that the trip was overnight and deducts the correct Meals Per Diems amount.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , Product Enhancement