This Knowledge Base Article covers some basic and frequently asked questions in relation to Personnel Administration work center in SAP Business ByDesign.
SAP Business ByDesign
1.Why does the Employees view display a higher level manager instead of the actual manager of an Employee?
The employees manager is not assigned to a Reporting Line Org Unit, and therefore the manager of the above Reporting Line Org Unit is (and will be displayed as) the responsible Line Unit Manager. Find more info in case doc 1949073
2. Why does the system not allow the termination of an employee then throws the error message Start Date of Agreement Cannot be Before Work Agreement Start Date, although the employee’s Work Agreement date matches the Termination Date?
A Business Partner ID with an active Business Partner Role is assigned to this employee, and the status of the Business Partner role needs to be set to Obsolete. Find more info in case doc 2218750
3. Why does the error message Organizational assignment not valid; validity period is DD.MM.YYYY to DD1.MM1.YYYY1 appears, when you try to change the Hire Date of an Employee to a past date?
A date prior to the Org Unit Valid From Date has been selected as new Hire Date. Which means, that the Org Unit itself doesn't exist at that time. The Hire Date of an employee should always on/after the Start Date of the Org Unit. Either of them should be adapted. Find more info in case doc 2057299
4. How can you check in which Country an employee is hired?
You can check the Country of employment an employee under Personnel Administration work center in the Advanced filter of the Employees view.
5. Is it possible to remove a bank account from an employee record?
If a bank account has already been used in any payments, then it is not possible to remove them from the system due to legal compliancies.
6. Is it possible to create multi-value list extension field in Employee screen?
It is not possible to create a multi-value list extension field in Employee screen in Business ByDesign. The workaround is to create a text field to maintain multiple values.
7. Why is it not possible to change the Valid From date of the employee's Biographical Data?
The validities in the Biographical Data are meant to identify "versions" of the record should changes occur — for example, if the employee gets married or changes name. Initial value will have default Valid From date set at 01.01.0001 and the Valid To date as one day before the next version (if there's any; otherwise, Valid To value will be Unlimited). Changes to the Biographical Data should be done by adding a new row — in this case, the row will have Valid From date as the date when the change was made and Valid To date up to Unlimited.
8. How to hire employee for non-localized countries?
The Regular Tasks view in Personnel Administration appears blank while hiring Employees for Non-Localized or Pre-Localized countries.
You may follow the below steps in your system:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- For the relevant project, select Edit Project Scope button.
- In the scoping step Country and Type of Business, select Edit Countries and choose Country XYZ.
- Select Next and proceed to the Implementation Focus step.
- Select Next to go to Scoping step.
- Expand Human Resources.
- Expand Personnel Administration.
- Select the checkbox for Non-Localized Employees.
- Complete the scoping by selecting Confirm and Finish.
To check the Regular Tasks for the respective Country XYZ:
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Regular Tasks view.
- Choose the required Country XYZ from the drop-down menu.
Now you will be able to use the available Tasks.
Also, refer the KBA: 2530879
9. Is it possible to Mass Change the bank Details for employees?
No, Mass Change of Bank Details are not possible in Personnel Administration.
10. Why are you unable to search an Employee in Personnel Administration?
This employee was created when the system had a lean HCM module (no Personnel Administration), but the Personnel Administration work center was scoped at a later date.
For details, refer KBA: 2058364
11. Why is the Manager of the Org Unit missing?
You observe missing Manager from an Org Unit due to following reasons:
1. A User might have unassigned the Org Unit Manager from the Org Unit on that particular date.
2. There might be a change in Position of the Employee.
For details, refer KBA: 1757151
12. How to add External Key for Employees in the Employee view?
External Key cannot be entered manually for Employees. The External key is auto generated when your system is integrated with an external system and the Employees are generated in the system by replication.
13. What is the HCMEMPB Data Source?
The MDAV HCMEMPB data Source is used to return the changes to Employee's master data such as Workplace address, Name changes and Identity data.
The data source is not intended to be used to track Employee Life Cycle changes such as Hire date, Termination date and Transfers.
14. When editing Payment Information in Self Service and for Bank Field, the list of banks are limited. Due to which user is not able to find all banks
The value help for Bank in Payment Information is limited to 500 entries. User should apply appropriate filter to fine tune the search, such that you get accurate bank to pick from search list.
15. Which is the best possible option to export Employee's Work Agreement? Specifically where the Employee is having more than one Work Agreement
User can use the analytical report HCMPAB01_Q1001 to extract the relevant Work Agreement for each employee.
The report can be configured by adding/removing fields to fulfill the requirement.
16. PSM Release Request: User needs to enter a value for the field "Alternative Personal ID" / "Alternative Employee ID"in the Personnel file.
The ‘Alternative employee ID’ is currently not available in the replication interface and it cannot simply be added due to the complex nature of the structure containing this information, as the field can have different connotations e.g. can contain Business partner, Employee ID etc, based on the business scenario
We do not have the Employee-Identification node exposed for such use as this may cause inconsistency on the employee BO. There are key fields on the node and changing these could lead to inconsistencies.
17. "Alternative Employee ID" does not exist in the QueryEmployeeIn, What is the path to locate the Alternative Employee ID?
The Alternative Employee ID can be found on the Employee BO, Node ID Identification where the Party_identifier_type_code-content = HCM024. The Business Partner_id-content will then contain the Alternative Employee ID.
18. Is it possible to assign Multiple work agreement assignment at the time of employee Hire using Web Service/Soap Ui.
Scenario: You have a requirement to create multiple Work Agreement node for the newly hire employee, however when you pass multiple work agreement node instance in the Web Service Payload request then the request takes the first instance and create the employee in the system.
This functionality is not available using Web Service/ Soap UI, only one Work Agreement assignment can be possible.
19. Why is the change tab empty after hiring an employee?
This is expected system behaviour. Only after hiring any changes get registered.
Personnel Administration, Employee View, Hiring, extract, self service, Alternative Employee ID , KBA , AP-PA , Personnel Administration , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To