You have replicated Registered Products from ERP to C4C, after that you have updated the Serial ID of the registered product be message fails in C4C with error: 'Serial ID Can not be Changed`.
Reproducing the Issue
Replicate Registered Products to C4C from ERP then update/Change the Serial ID in ERP.
In Webservice Message Monitoring you have a failed message with the error: `Serial ID Can not be Changed`.
The issue is caused because you haven't scoped Serial ID Optional in Activities.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the relevant Activity List.
- Search for the scoping activity Additional configuration for registered products.
- Enter `Maintain Registered Product Categories`.
- For the registered product category in question, flag the Serial ID Optional check box.
Perform the change and restart the message or replicate the Registered Product again.
KBA , AP-IBA-IBA , Installed Base , How To