You have created and sent Purchase Order XXX (XXX represents the Purchase Order ID) but it led to a Process Communication Error.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Go to Process Communication Errors view.
- Show All errors with incidents.
You can find the erroneous Purchase Order XXX with the error message Required entry field Product Tax Rate Type Code is not filled.
This message was raised because no Tax Classification has been set up for Free-Text Items of Product Category YYY (YYYrepresents the Product Category ID), used for the item in the Purchase Order XXX.
To solve this issue, you should maintain the Tax Rate Type for the Product Category YYY in the Common Task Set Tax Classification which can be found in the work center Purchase Requests and Orders.
To help you avoid this issue in the future, you can add a wildcard (*) row that will be picked by default if no specific Product Category setting is maintained. You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Common Task Set Tax Classification.
- Click Add row.
- Add a value for the field Tax Rate Type.
- Leave the Product Category field as "*".
Once this is done, you can open an incident so that we can take action in back end by restarting the messages.
Process communication error in PO, red mark error, error in document flow , KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , How To