You are not able to create Service Confirmation for sales order item. The function is greyed out and not available.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Show All Orders and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the sales order and select the View All button.
- Here you would like create a service confirmation for a line item but the option is greyed out
The service items in the sales order are all tied to project tasks.
In project based scenario, fulfilment and invoicing for the line item happens through the project and not the sales order, times need to be recorded against the employee responsible for the task in question. The project then sends a message to the Project Sales Order (visible in the extended document flow) which in return sends a message to the sales order, updating the statuses.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To