Your requirement is to modify the existing Accounts or existing Contacts in the system.
While modifying, you observe that the Check for Duplicates button is missing.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts view/ Contacts view.
- Open any existing Account or Contact.
- Edit the name.
- The Check for Duplicates button is not available on the TI.
The Check for Duplicates button in the Accounts or Contacts TI is only available for users who have the workcenter Data Cleansing ->Customer Merge view assigned.
If not yet dones so, scope the question "Do you want to enable accounts merge?" as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select Edit Project Scope.
- Go to the Questions section (step 4).
- Expand General Business Data -> Business Partners -> Handling of Business Partners.
- Scope the question "Do you want to enable accounts merge?".
- Complete the scoping by selecting Confirm and Finish.
The Data Cleansing workcenter will now be available in your system.
Now assign the Data Cleansing workcenter view Customer Merge to the relevant business users by following below steps:
- Go to the Administration work center.
- Go to the Business Users view (or navigate to the Business Role to add the view there).
- Show All Business Users and find the respective user.
- Select Edit->Access rights.
- Go to the tab Work Center and View Assignment.
- Select the work center/ view name: Data Cleansing.
- Assign the Work Center/ View Name: Customer Merge.
- Select Save.
After the above settings are done and business user updated, the user needs to log off and back on for the changes to take place.
KBA , data cleansing , check for duplicates , customer merge , enable accounts merge , SRD-CC , Cross Components , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , How To