- How to generate a Token ?
- How to set up MDM from SAP Jam side?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- MDM sets a token string that is pushed to the mobile device via MDM and which is checked upon sign-up and occasionally during use to ensure that your users' devices are managed by your organization
The MDM enablement can be enabled/disabled by the Company Admin of your SAP Jam instance.
The SAP Jam company admin will need to perform the following steps for the same:
- Click on top right cog-wheel icon and select Admin.
- Select Mobile > SAP Jam Mobile App option from the left side navigation.
- Click Manage Tokens to generate a new token or delete a previously generated token.
- Click Save changes to implement your selections.
- The token string can be generated, updated, and deleted by clicking Manage Token, which opens the Restrict Activations to Managed Devices dialog box.
- Once MDM restriction is enabled, SAP Jam will block all SAP Jam mobile app access unless one of the generated tokens below has been propagated to the mobile device via a support MDM solution.
SAP Note: You can use multiple active tokens so that you can easily segment users into groups. For example, you could generate a new token specifically for a group of consultants that will only need access for the next 90 days.
The above changes can take up to three hours to propagate to your users' mobile apps
SAP Jam mobile, MDM, Restrict Activations to Managed Devices, Manage devices , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-MOB , Mobile App Issues , LOD-SF-JAM-ADM , Administrator Access Request , How To