- The SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) project fetches data from a CSV file.
- When the CSV file has 160 columns, it is observed that the throughput performance degrades to only 35 – 40 records/second.
- However, when the CSV file gets modified to have one less column, ie 159 columns, much better throughput is observed, of 18,000 - 20,000 records/second.
- When testing to see if the problem is caused specifically by the data in column 160, it is observed that the issue is only when fetching all 160 columns.
- Scenario 1: When removing the last column (Column_159) and deploying the project, high throughput is observed (~18k - 20k).
- Scenario 2: When removing the first column (Column_0) and deploying the project, high throughput is observed (~18k - 20k).
- Scenario 3: When removing a random column from the available list (Column_88), again, high throughput is observed (~18k - 20k).
SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1
SAP Event Stream Processor 5.1
streaming, processing, esp , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.