How to edit an approved benefits claim?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Employee Central Benefits
Reproducing the Issue
Employee has initiated a reimbursement claim and its approved, but there is no option to edit it via ESS UI.
Editing a claim request via ESS UI is not supported.
Its not recommended to edit an approved claim. However, following steps can be taken to correct claim data:
- User/admin needs to delete both the benefit employee claim record and claim accumulation record. Then create a fresh claim.
- Manually correct both claim and accumalation objects from benefits admin overview.
- Admin or HR who has access to benefit admin overview can make changes to the approved claims
- Navigate to Admin center------>Benefits admin overview or Manage data----->Search Benefit employee claim ---->Find the respective users claim object---->Click Take action--->Make correction----->Change the total claim amount---->Save.
- Make sure that Benefit accumalation object is also updated manually. System will not update accumalation data automatically.
- Navigate to Admin center------>Benefits admin overview or Manage data----->Search Benefit claim accumalation---->Find the respective users accumalation object---->Click Take action--->Make correction----->Update the data---->Save.
- Currently, when you edit the Benefit Employee Claim data from Manage Data or via Import, the Accumulated Amount gets doubled in Benefit Claim Accumulation. You need to correct it manually as explained above.
- The engineering team is working on improving the behavior so that manual adjustments will not be required. We don't yet have any date for rolling out this enhancement. Please contact your CSM or SAP hotline for more details.
Claim Benefit claim Reimbursement claim edit claim approved claim BEN-962 Accumulated Amount Total , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-GBF , Global Benefits , Product Enhancement