Receiving a validation error when trying to delete a field from a Job Requisition using Manage Templates saying the refid of the field has not been defined:
The error is 'Error - refid @@@@ is not defined!
Changes failed. Saving as draft was not successful. Validation errors have been highlighted in red.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Templates.
- Choose a job requisition template.
- Click on 'Fields defined. Click to modify.'
- Delete the required job requisition field and try to publish/save the changes.
- An error similar to the following will occur:
Error - refid @@@@ is not defined!
There is also a message saying "Changes failed. Saving as draft was not successful. Validation errors have been highlighted in red."
- The error occurs because there are still permissions and/or field overrides associated to that field defined.
- The field may use used as a reference in mobile field or listing field. This needs to be unchecked first before removing the field definition.
- These must be removed BEFORE the field is deleted. If the field is deleted first, then the permissions will not be visible in order to delete them.
- They can be removed from the field permissions button ('Field Permissions defined. Click to modify') as shown below:
- For removing the field overrides, please see KB article 2644550 - Updating an override field in the application XML via Manage Template Feature - Recruiting Management
- Once this is done the template will save successfully.
If you are familair with reading XML, you can save the template as draft first. Downloaod the XML and look for the field if it is still being reference. Once you confirm that the field is no longer being used as reference ID (refid), you can proceed in deleting the field definition.
KB article 2644550 - Updating an override field in the application XML via Manage Template Feature - Recruiting Management
SF, success factors, RCM , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem