Receiving a validation error when trying to delete a field from a Job Requisition using Manage Templates saying the refid of the field has not been defined:
The error is 'Error - refid @@@@ is not defined!
Changes failed. Saving as draft was not successful. Validation errors have been highlighted in red.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Templates.
- Choose a job requisition template.
- Click on 'Fields defined. Click to modify.'
- Delete the required job requisition field and try to publish/save the changes.
- An error similar to the following will occur:
Error - refid @@@@ is not defined!
There is also a message saying "Changes failed. Saving as draft was not successful. Validation errors have been highlighted in red."
- The error occurs because there are still permissions and/or field overrides associated to that field defined.
- These must be removed BEFORE the field is deleted. If the field is deleted first, then the permissions will not be visible in order to delete them.
- They can be removed from the field permissions button ('Field Permissions defined. Click to modify') as shown below:
- For removing the field overrides, please see KB article 2644550 - Updating an override field in the application XML via Manage Template Feature - Recruiting Management
- Once this is done the template will save successfully.
KB article 2644550 - Updating an override field in the application XML via Manage Template Feature - Recruiting Management
SF, success factors, RCM , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , Problem