- As of 1705 release the "Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records" has been set to be enabled by default for importing MDF objects. This setting can be disabled within the "Import and Export data" tool, but there is NO settting available in the "Import Foundation Data" tool.
- This change is causing import issues to occur (for example certain imports will not show up for MDF objects after succcessfull imports) when using the "Import Foundation Data" tool.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Import Foundation Data Tool
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in and go to Admin Center.
- Open the "Import Foundation Data" tool
- Execute a new import by trying to import a new MDF object using this tool (Note: the import file only has redundant records).
- Notice how the Import will succeed just fine, but when you look up this MDF object you will see NO changes.
- Due to the "Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records" setting being enabled by default now, when you import an MDF object using the "Import Foundation data" tool, it will automatically suppress indeed redundant Date-Effective Records.
- There is no setting to alter this within the "Import Foundation data" tool.
- It is recommended to use the "Import and Export data" tool for importing of all MDF objects.
- Use the "Import Foundation data" tool only for importing of foundation object.
Note: MDF objects are still referenced within the "Import Foundation data" tool to support backwards compatibility, but there are overall a lot of limitations around using this tool to import MDF objects. There is no development on this tool to enhance it to improve the capability of importing MDF objects going forward as we specifically have the "Import and Export data" tool to do this.
Trick: If you are unsure which object that is listed in the "Import Foundation Data" Tool is MDF or Foundatation Object (FO); You could open the "Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures" tool and select a specific object. When doing this, it will pop up a warning if this is no longer an FO object and point you to use the "Manage Data" tool instead for this specific MDF object. (See popup warning example below)
JIRA ECT-77576, XAF-13995, MDF, FO, Import, Foundation Data, b1705 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , Problem