- APS (Adaptive Processing Servers) are failing / running with errors after an installation / update procedure
- Connection Servers are also in Failed state
- Other servers may be in starting state or fail to start
- Many UninstallDU / InstallDU files exist in <BOBJINSTALLDIR>\InstallData\logs\<LatestLog>
- Installer asks for a reboot after the installation has completed
- The following errors appear in the setupengine logs:
Error: SetSIAStateWithRetry: ControlNTService failed stoppingervice <SIASERVICENAME> after 5 retries.
ERROR: An unexpected internal error occurred. The CMS has terminated unexpectedly with exit code 5. (FWM 23025)
ERROR: An unexpected internal error occurred. AddNode - Node update failed. (FWM 23009)
AddNode - The node and/or some of its servers [<SERVERLIST>] are still running. Stop the node. (FWM 23018)
AddNode aborted due to errors.
- Event viewer logs show the following error during the installation (at roughly the same time the 'CMS has terminated' error occurs'):
The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: An unexpected problem (exception) happened. Reason given: The port number specified for the server is already in use. (FWB 00092), The server has problems using TCP/IP. The port number you are using is probably already in use..).
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.