You may need to find out what is the current folder structure of your SFTP location or to delete files on that SFTP that are no longer in use.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Self-managed iContent requires for the LMS administrators to maintain and manage their content files on the SFTP and you may need this information in order to proceed.
- The folder structure within the SFTP can be seen by the administrators by connecting to the web interface of the server.
The URL to access the SFTP is: https://XYZ/EFTClient/Account/Login.htm
- To find "XYZ", navigate to System Administration > Configuration > Content Deployment Locations
- Search and open any Deployment Location that has been created. The "Host Name" field is the SFTP URL.
- You can use the SFTP URL to navigate through a web browser. Place the User Name (also in the Deployment Location) and password (SuccessFactors Learning does not store the password in plain text. Discuss with your internal colleagues if this password has been stored somewhere. If not, please contact Support to reset it).
- Once you are connected, you can view the folders structure and delete the folders as you wish
- If a specific Content Object needs to be deleted from the SFTP, the path will need to be pulled from the LMS.
- At this point, either the Content Object should be known beforehand or the Item which is using this Content Object is known. In this scenario, an Item needs to be retired along with the Content Object.
- Navigate to Learning Activities > Items > Go to the Item record
- Navigate to the Online Content tab and the Content ID will be listed. Choose the ">" button which will navigate to the Content Object Details
- In the Content Object Details, proceed to the Launch Method tab and the Content URL will be present. The URL will include the prefix that is required for iContent but anything post the /self-managed/ will be the file path in the SFTP
- An example of this is "/learning/user/onlineaccess/icontent.do?Course=CUSTOM&url=/self-managed/content/486680_2018_1/index_lms.html" is the file path currently. Upon logging in to the SFTP, proceed to "content/486680_2018_1". The 486680_2018_1 is the folder of the content. This would then be deleted.
- After deleting it on the SFTP, the Content Object should be updated to no longer be used. It cannot be deleted as it has historical data in the database. Proceed to the Summary tab of the Content Object and uncheck "Content Object is active" and "Content Object is online". Apply the changes.
- Proceed back to the Item record and under the Item Details tab, make the status as Inactive to avoid users not being able to launch the content.
- Any further changes such as removing from Curricula, Programs, etc. should be done at this time.
Note: Deleting content and updating the data in Learning is at your own discretion. Set up test data in your stage environment to see how it might impact users, admins, etc. to avoid any unforeseen issues.
icontent; files; see; manage; web transfer client; FTP; delete, update, change, sftp, lms, sf, changes, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PCM , iContent , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To