Import quiz in specific locale resulting in failure with error message 'Invalid answer choice value entered' for true/false answer choice.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Download Quiz template by going to Admin> System Admin> Tools>Import Data.
- Select 'Download template' on the action.
- Select 'Quiz' as record type then click on 'submit'.
- Once template has been downloaded, fill out the question tab and set locale to Chinese. Please see attachment for the sample template (Chinese Locale Sample.xlsx) created. This contains Answer Choice value in English for Chinese locale.
- From System Admin>Tools >Import Data. Select Record Type: Quiz and Import Option: Add and Update
- Browse file then Submit.
- Run this job immediately or schedule it.
- Once job is finished check import results.
Notice that the job status is failed. Download the error log and you will see the comment below:
LMS System will be expecting the True/False answer choice values to be exactly same as label values in that environment for specific locale.
The Label ID for the True and False answer choice value are "client.label.true" and "client.label.false" respectively.
For example, if you are importing Quiz and Questions in Chinese locale, the values should be exactly same as per the given label ids for true and false in Chinese locale. This is applicable to all other locales in the system.
1. Check label ids for true and false answer choice value by going to references>geography >labels.
Label ids are as follows:
2. Copy values for the specific locale and paste it on the answer choice value in your input file.
LMS, Invalid answer choice value entered, unable to import quiz, locale, import quiz, client.label.true, client.label.false , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem
|Chinese Locale Sample.xlsx|