How to configure custom MDF objects to use their fields under document generation mapping?
- SAP Succesfactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central: Custom Workflow Notification
- Metadata framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
Custom objects not appearing under document generation mapping dropdown.
- Document generation mapping tool supports all EC hris elements and predelivered MDF FO and benefits objects.
- To support custom MDF objects we need to prepare the system as mentioned in section below.
We need to configure the custom object as below to enable mapping for this object under document generation:
- Configure a User dataype field.
- Enter this user type field name in business key
- Make this object secured and enter RBP subject user field as this user field name.
- Provide permissions to this object in manage permission roles
The snapshot of a sample object is shown below:
Now the relevant custom object fields are available for mapping in codument generation:
This KBA is releavant only for Document generation without workflow.
MDF workflow related document generation template is not supported as explained in the KBA 2606814
2606814 - Custom workflow template behavior for direct mapped and rule mapped fields
custom object mapping, MDF document generation, document mapping object, custom document mapping, custom object, mapping, direct mapping, placeholders, custom email notification, custom workflow , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem