When trying to install Solution manager 7.2 with ASE we run into the following issues in the logs:
From the errorLog we see:
- Error: 840, Severity: 17, State: 2
Device 'sybmgmtdev' (with physical name 'D:\sybase\<SID>\sybsystem\sybmgmtdb.dat', and virtual device number 4) has not been correctly activated at startup time. Please contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role.
Unable to proceed with the recovery of dbid <31515> because of previous errors.
From sapinst_dev we can see the following:
- ERROR 2017-06-22 12:15:37.934 (MUMSAP004\testadmin) (startInstallation) [bas/bas/749_REL/bc_749_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/src/sapinst/CInstallerCallBackImpl.cpp:267] id=ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.assertionFailed errno=CJS-00030
Assertion failed: Unable to set up job scheduler. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.
- ERROR 2017-06-22 12:15:37.934 (MUMSAP004\testadmin) (startInstallation) [bas/bas/749_REL/bc_749_REL/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/src/modlib/iaxxbjsmod.cpp:83] id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025
Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Assertion failed: Unable to set up job scheduler. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information..
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Solution Manager 7.2
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.