- A brief description on the different IDs which are used within Employee Central;
- What are the system identificators within SuccessFactors?
- What is the User ID?
- What is the Person ID External?
- What is the UUID?
- What are the difference between the IDs in SuccessFactors?
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
The person-id-external, often referred to as the Person ID is stored on the biographical portlet.
PLease keep in mind you cannot set the field to Mandatory as this will give you a validation error message that a mandatory field cannot be set to View.
Simply set the field to Mandatory No in BCUI and then set the visibility to view and import to true.
To generate the PersonID, you can use the system feature "Next Person ID Assigned" in "Company, System and Logo Settings". You maintain a digit here, which will automatically be incremented by 1 for each new hire.
|UUID (Universal Unique Identifier)||
|The per-person-uuid, often referred to as the UUID, is stored at a database level.
This ID was introduced for Suite Integration purposes.
This is an Immutable ID, generated by the system when Person data is created. When you import Biographical or Basic User information, the system now automatically create a unique identifier for each record. This is stored as the per-person-uuid field. The intention is that this ID can be used to integrate Person Data in Employee Central with other modules like Onboarding, Learning, Recruiting, Talent and so on.
The UUID cannot be changed.
You cannot configure this field to be visible in the UI. It is stored at a database level only.
This cannot be used for single sign-on (SSO).
(Basic User Info / UDF)
The userId, often referred to as User ID, is stored in the basic user field/employee export file.
It´s not possible to display the User ID in People Profile with standard delivered functionality.
(Basic User Info / UDF)
|The username field, is stored in the basic user field/employee export file.
The username field is the field that a user's uses to sign in and is generally mapped from the Person ID for EC customers on initial hire.
It can be different from the User ID and Person ID but for simplicity it is often the same value.
If a concurrent employment or global assignment is added to the employee, or the employee is rehired to a new employment then the system automatically assigns another user name and user ID to the employee.
The username can be changed via import or in the UI.
You can configure this field to be visible in the UI, by setting the field to visible.
This can and should be used for single sign-on (SSO).
For further information please see the following section in the Using Global Assignments and Concurrent Employment in SAP SuccessFactors
- 2495643 - SuccessFactors User IDs - Clarifying the Different IDs
- 2418814 - How to configure an MDF Sequence object and Business Rule to auto-generate Person ID during Hire
- 2421728 - How to Autogenerate Employee ID/ Person ID Based on Country Using a Sequence
- 2564277 - When re-hiring with new employment, the rule for creating the user-id is not respected
- 2722881 - User Account Decoupling Feature Behavior
person-id-external, PersonID, Person ID, iserID, user-id, USERID, username, user-name, USERNAME, UUID, Universal Unique Identifier, per-person-uuid, personIdExternal , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , How To