- "No data is available for the chart to render." error message appears for new or existing charts in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC).
- The used model has at least one dimension where the Data Access Control (DAC) is enabled.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.11.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAP Analytics Cloud with an admin user.
- Create a Model.
- Enable Data Access Control to dimension A and grant permissions to user A for one of the dimension members.
- Login with user A and create a Story.
- Add a chart to the Story and select the above created model for datasource.
- Notice that user A can only see data for the granted member from dimension A.
- Login with the admin user again.
- Enable Data Access Control to dimension B and grant permissions to user B for one of the dimension members.
- Login with user A and open the story created in Step 2.
- Notice the message "No data is available for the chart to render." instead of the chart.
Data Access Control is enabled for dimension B, however user A has no access to dimension B.
Grant Access to the needed members from dimension B for user A.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, empty, table , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , How To