- You configured Java Resource Adapter but the JRA failed to start on some/all instances with following error:
[JRA] serverExceptionOccurred. Server <ProgramID>, JCoServerControllerThread, connectionId=null, Exception: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (129) JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP: Server startup failed at <timestamp>.
This is caused by either a) erroneous server settings, b) the backend system has been shutdown, c) network problems. Will try next startup in <retry interval> seconds.
Could not start server: Connect to SAP gateway failed
Connection parameters: PROGID="***" GWHOST=<server ip where the JRA is failing> GWSERV=sapgw<instance number of SCS instance>
ERROR partner '<server ip where the JRA is failing>:sapgw<instance number of SCS instance>' not reached----------------------
COMPONENT NI (network interface)
DETAIL NiPConnect2: <server ip where the JRA is failing>:33<instance number of SCS instance>
SYSTEM CALL connect
ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused
- The reason for the above error is because the JRA is trying to connect to wrong/unexisting gateway, although you have configured gateway server and service correctly in JRA properties configuration.
- SAP NetWeaver 2004
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
- SAP Composition Environment all releases
JCO_ERROR_SERVER_STARTUP, JRA, ResourceAdapter, gateway server, jco.client.gwhost, isLocal, , KBA , BC-MID-CON-JCO , Java-Connector , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.