- ASE errorlog reports "infected with signal 11" error in modules starting with ssql:
Current process (0x4f430638) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000e992c2 (ssql(bool, float, float, long double,...)(...) __restrict+0x3d), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000004)
Address 0x00000000812f65c0 (ssql__ubffree+0x2c), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x00000000000000..)
- Followed by a stack trace that includes modules:
Note: A sample of a complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- These may be followed by further "infected with signal 11" error in the module ssql_droptext() that can crash ASE:
Current process (0x1bc33a4a) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000e93233 (ssql_droptext+0x970), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000082)
- Showing stack trace including modules:
- As this process is holding SSQLCACHE_SPIN, ASE will go down showing log entries including:
Spinlocks held by kpid 12345678
Spinlock SSQLCACHE_SPIN at address ....
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR806726, CR#806726, 806726, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.