- You are using DBACockpit to monitor long-running queries on SAP ASE system
- You have applied the latest set of DBACockpit Corrections on your SAP system
- While checking the "Execution Plan" for some queries, you find many client application tasks get blocked in database
- The related windows in DBACockpit seems hung and do not show up for a long time:
* Checking cached query plans for query using 'show execution plan'
* Getting table information using Space-> Table and Indexes -> Single Table Analysis
- The DBACockpit process is internally running stored procedure sp_showoptstats on some user tables during this time.
- Per optdiag utility, the involved tables have a very large rowcount and high column statistics histogram step count
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) 6.0
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; SAP ERP 6.0 ; SAP NetWeaver all versions
- CR809100, CR#809100, 809100, sp_showoptstats, sp_who, sp_lock, sysstatistics, histogram, step count, optdiag, block, lock, Dbacockpit, DBAcockpit, query plan, performance tuning, execution
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.