Your requirement is to upload Suppliers using Excel Add-in. For example, you want to upload Suppliers for the Country CI - Cote d'Ivoire. During the upload process, you get below mentioned error:
Exception occurred. Contact your system administrator.
Update operation failed: Error during Maintain operation:'/SAP_BYD_CodeList/CodeListItem/DisplayAs[.='CI - Cote d'Ivoire']/../Code' has an invalid token.]]
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Base workcenter
- Go to Suppliers view
- Select New -> Suppliers From Microsoft Excel
- Download the Suppliers XML template
- Fill the details
- Upload the file using Excel Add-in
- System throws errors
Some of the characters are not allowed while the data is converted to XML. The XML mapping property of the Microsoft Excel does not allow the char ( ' ) in the code list. The single quote is treated as invalid character.
To overcome the issue, you may use any of the options below:
1. If the single quote ( ‘ ) in the Country code name is replaced with the ( ` ) the upload will work as expected.
2. You may use the List Of Suppliers Template.xlsx which is attached to this document where, the Country Name which is displayed in the excel would be different (code will be same), however when it is uploaded into the system the Country Name will be stored as expected.
You may refer the blog Office/Excel Integration for Hybris Cloud for Customers and Business ByDesign FAQs for the details.
Upload Suppliers using excel add-in, Upload Suppliers, Update operation failed, Error during Maintain operation, Code' has an invalid token, Cote d'Ivoire , KBA , contact your system administrator , upload suppliers , update operation failed , error during maintain operation , code' has an invalid token , cote d'ivoire , SRD-MD-BP-SUP , Suppliers , How To
|List Of Suppliers Template.xlsx|