You have deactivated SAP delivered Fixed Asset Classes in Business Configuration so that only the personalised ones (starting with Z) that you created could be displayed and used.
In the Fixed Assets work centre you notice that the standard classes are still being shown in the Edit Asset Class Determination Common Task.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work Centre.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant Project, click on Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune tab.
- Search for Activity Fixed Asset Classes and open it.
- Open Activity Asset Class Deactivation.
- All SAP delivered Classes are deactivated.
- Now, go to the Fixed Asset work centre.
- Go to the Common Tasks view.
- Open Edit Fixed Asset Class Determination.
- Click on the Add Row button and fill in the relevant information in each column.
- Open the drop-down menu for Fixed Asset Classes.
- The classes that you had deactivated are still displayed and can be selected.
This is the expected system behavior and can be explained as such:
The Fixed Asset Class Determination view is a Business Configuration screen which is independent of any company. This is the reason why it is not possible to restrict the Fixed Asset Classes in Business Configuration based on the deactivation list configuration.
As the Business Configuration activities and views are independent of the companies, restricting the Fixed Asset Classes based on the companies there (even if the class is deactivated for all the companies at once) is not possible.
To the contrary, the actual deactivation of the Asset Classes is company based. This means, you can deactivate asset classes for a specific company or companies in SAP ByDesign. For instance, company XYZ and ABC (where XYZ and ABC stand for the specific company ID in your system) can each have different classes deactivated for them specifically.
If you deactivate some or all of the Fixed Asset Classes for company ABC or XYZ, this restriction is taken into account and applied when you create new fixed assets for these companies: only the active classes are available from the drop-down menu.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To