Uable to import data to a Existing Model from Files including blank cells in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.11.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- From main menu, select Browse > Models.
- Select Import Data From Files.
- Select one Target Model and one Source File including blank cells.
- Click Finish Mapping after clearing data quality issues.
=> Warning message appears to show that some rows are rejected.
=> Download the rejected rows in CSV format and then found that those rows have blank cells.
This behaviour is by design. In order to import data to an existing model, all the dimensions inside the model need to be mapped to non-empty IDs. In this case, a dimension ID is mapped to a blank value, and SAC cannot deal with blank IDs so the entire row is rejected.
As a workaround, replace the blank cells with some distinct value ( ex. '#' ) and it will make the import successful.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, import, file, blank, cells, cell, reject, rejected, row, rows, existing, model , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Bug Filed