When attempting to import a picklist, the process is ended without any message or errors - nothing happened and the picklist was not updated.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center;
- Search for Picklists Management;
- Select Import Picklist option;
- Import a picklist using an excel file type or CSV;
- The UI will suddenly change from the import screen to the admin center.
There are three possible causes for this issue:
- This behavior is caused by the incorrect file type being used like an Excel file (.xls);
- The picklist import template has been incorrectly modified or has deleted fields;
- The encoding of the .csv file is not set to UTF-8.
To import picklists, please use the CSV file (.csv) type for import, and make sure to select UTF-8 in the encoding type. If you experience the same symptom even when using a CSV file, please check that the correct picklist template is being utilized. You can do this by using the 'Export data format' button in Picklists Management. No fields should be removed from the template as the system expects these fields during the upload.
Also, please ensure that no external codes are maintained for deleted picklist values. These fields should be blank.
Legacy Picklist Import, Admin center, blank screen, while trying to invoke the method java.util.ArrayList.size() of a null object loaded from local variable 'languages', Import, Picklist, Template, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , Problem