- After creating a table in a story which has multiple dimensions assigned and then applying Top N functionality, it returns more dimension members than required in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC.
- Create a story and add a table.
- Add a dimension as a row (e.g: Country) and another one as column (e.g: Account):
- Apply Top N ranking to this table (e.g: Top 2).
- Notice that it works correctly, Top N dimension members are displayed.
- Now add another dimension to the rows (e.g: State):
- Notice that the Top N ranking returns more rows than expected. (e.g: in case of Top 2, it returns 4 rows).
- This is a product limitation.
- Top N based on a specific context cannot be applied.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, Table, Widget, Story, Top N, Ranking, Dimension, Members, Returns, Shows, Displays , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem