- SAP applications running slow during RFC processing, ICM background jobs, iDoc processing, FI and SD document processing
- t-code SM50 shows work processes stalled due to DIRECT READ on NRIV.
- t-code ST22 reports TIME_OUT dumps with the failing ABAP code - SELECT SINGLE FOR UPDATE on NRIV
- t-code ST22 reports dumps with SQL errors SQL12205 and/or SQL12207 on the table NRIV:
SQL error 12205 when accessing table "NRIV".
Error Text of the Database: "[ASE Error SQL12205]Could not acquire a lock within the specified wait period.
SERVER level wait period=1800 seconds, spid=99, lock type=update row, dbid=4, objid=1399476458, pageno=5149625, rowno=51.
Aborting the transaction. "
- On the database in isql, several processes are blocked while accessing table NRIV. The corresponding query is:
TOP 1 *
"CLIENT" = ? AND "OBJECT" = ? AND "SUBOBJECT" = ? AND "NRRANGENR" = ? AND "TOYEAR" = ?
- In scenarios where the slowness on NRIV is seen during FI and SD processing, the corresponding number range objects are RF_BELEG and RV_BELEG respectively.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Netweaver - all versions
locks, blocking, NRIV, ARFCSSTATE, INDX, RFC, locks, waits, SQL12205, SQL12207, 818023, rfc/use_gwstart, "number range object", RF_BELEG, RV_BELEG , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SRV-NUM , Number Range Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.